Get Ready to Make a Difference!
We are so excited that you are interested in serving the Lord in Children's Ministry. Whatever gifts you have, our goal is to help you find the right area where you will enjoy serving while investing into the spiritual growth of a child. Below are some possible opportunities in which you can serve.
When you are ready to take the next step, please fill out the following two forms.
Background Check authorization form
(Required for anyone, 18 years and older, caring for children)
Children's Ministry Application form.
(Required for anyone mentoring children or in a leadership role)
Little Creekers - Sundays
Two Shifts Available on Sundays
8:45-10:15 or 10:15-11:45 (90 minute serving commitment)
Non-Walker and Walker Nursery Team
The Nursery Team provides a nurturing, safe environment while caring for children in accordance with the Children's Ministry policies.
- Room Leader: Open and/or close the room, welcome parents, check children in and out and provide supervision to room helpers. Room leaders should be SCC members and must be familiar with and enforce all nursery policies. Serve during either service; every other Sunday.
- Room Helper: Love and care for children. Help keep room tidy and organized. Serve during either service; once or more per month.
Little Creekers Team (2-4yrs)
This team is responsible for communicating the provided weekly lesson and caring for children 2 to 4 years old. Open to men and women during both services.
- Room Leader: Open or close the room, welcome parents and children, check children in and out and provide supervision to room helpers. Room leaders also facilitate the weekly lesson, activities and video. Two year old room leaders are also responsible for the Bible lesson.
- Room Helper: A room helper is responsible for assisting the room leader with small and/or large group activities, directing and caring for children through interactive play, story and music time, and applicable crafts and games. This position is also open to middle and high school students.
- Activity Selection Team: This individual is responsible for choosing which 4 activities, from our curriculum, that small and large group team members will do each week. Comfort using email is required. Experience serving in Little Creekers is helpful but not neciessary. Training will be provided.
- Storyteller Team: Storytellers are the main Bible lesson communicators. This role is responsible for clearly teaching the provided curriculum using the weekly video slides, fun props and tools that will help a preschooler understand the Bible story. This position is also open to high school students.
- Worship Team: This role is responsible for leading the children's monthly song time using the aid of song tracks and videos. This position is also open to high school students.
Elementary KidsCreek Team
The Elementary KidsCreek Team is responsible for communicating the weekly lesson and caring and directing children from Kindergarten to 5th grade. Elementary KidsCreek is split into 3 age groups: Kindergarten/1st grade which is open to men and women during both services; 2nd/3rd grade which is open to men and women during first service only; 4th/5th grade girls which is open to women volunteers only and 4th/5th grade boys which is open to men volunteers only. 4th/5th grade is a first service only serving position. Here are the roles offered within Elementary KidsCreek:
- Room Director (one director per group as listed above): Chooses the monthly activities from the provided curriculum, communicates to Small Group leaders throughout the week and offers support to Small Group leaders during the hour. Room Leaders also open and close the room, welcome and check children in, assure that all security and ministry policies are followed and facilitate transitions during the hour.
- Small Group Leader: Small group leaders are the main contact for kids in KidsCreek. They are responsible for one small group of children during the year. They help care for and disciple each child through activities, prayer and regular encouragement. This position is also open to high school students.
The KidsCreek hospitality team warmly greets new families making them feel welcome and wanted.
- Welcome Desk Host: Greets visitors, registers guests, answers questions and leads families through the check-in process. Knowledge of and comfort with computers is required. Hosts volunteer during the entire service.
- Guides: Lead families to their rooms and connect children to the room leader. Guides also answer visitor questions.
- Check In Helper: Assists the room leader with checking children into the room. This position is also open to middle and high school students.
KidsCreek Support Teams
- Worship Team - Praise 252: Members of this team help and encourage 2nd-5th grade children memorize their songs, dance moves, scripted lines and Bible verses. Praise 252 runs September through June. Seasonal help is greatly appreciated to prep for the children's annual Christmas play September through the 1st Sunday of December.
- Tech Team: Our technical team provides sound, video, lighting and other technical support during Club 252 Large Group and other special events.
- Resource Team: Do you need flexible serving hours and days? Members of the resource team prep the activity bins and/or materials which will be used in the classrooms on Sunday.
- 5th Sunday & Substitute Team: If you are interested in a 'test drive' to see what serving in Children's Ministry is all about then this team is for you! The 5th Sunday Team serves once per quarter (4 times per year) with various age groups. The Substitue Team is a pool of flexible, willing servants who fill in as the need arises if they are available.
- Special Needs Care Team: This team of individuals serves by teaming up with a child who needs some extra special attention. Team members help each child make any necessary accommodations within the classroom and/or in the KidsCreek Sensory room. The goal is to help each child learn more about Christ while interacting in a positive way with his/her peers. Training will be provided.
AWANA - Wednesday Night
Nursery and HoneyBees Team
Nursery and 2's HoneyBees Team provides a nurturing, safe environment for the children of parents who are in an on-site Bible study, serving in AWANA or Student Ministry, or in a Wednesday Life Group. Workers should be comfortable lifting and carrying children. Open to men, women and high school students.
- Room Leader: Open and close the room, welcome parents, check children in and out and provide supervision to room helpers. Room leaders should be SCC members and must be familiar with and enforce all nursery policies.
- Room Helper: Love and care for children. Help keep room tidy and organized. Serve once or more per month.
Cubbies & Sparks Team
The Cubbies Team celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers (3-5 years old) by helping them develop respect for God, His Son, and His Word. The Sparks Team ignites the curiosity of elementary age kids (Kindergarten-2nd grade) to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ. Both teams are open to men and women.
- Club Director: Open and close the room, welcome parents and children, and provide supervision to table leaders and helpers on Wednesday nights. Also, maintain attendance records and weekly schedules, assign children to tables, and provide weekly communication with table leaders and helpers.
- Table Leader: Responsible for assisting the Club Director with small and/or large group activities, checking children in and out, and directing and caring for children through interactive play, story and music time, and applicable crafts and games. May be asked to lead various activities. This position is also open to high school students.
- Sparks Secretary: Checks kids in and out. Verifies and tracks attendance from supplied attendance reports. Verifies children's earned awards and then attaches the award to the child's vest. The Secretary may also be asked to help with other various administrative duties as they arise.
The Truth & Training Team trains boys and girls in 3rd-5th grade to follow Him and practice His grace. T&T Men leaders work with the boys and women leaders work with the girls.
- Club Director: Works with the Children's Pastor to plan the club year, identify theme nights, coordinate special events and speakers (caroling, creation night, etc.) and communicates with clubber parents. Weekly responsibilities include planning and overseeing large group message, oversight of table time and table leaders, coordination of gametime between three rooms. The Director is responsible for scheduling, training and communicating with table leaders, ensuring they are equipped to properly lead a small group. Directors also coordinate with club secretary and table leaders to ensure weekly sections are completed and properly tracked. The Club Director also distributes awards on a regular basis.
- Table Leader: Works as the small group leader with 4-8 children. In large group settings (devotions and gametime), leaders assist in oversight of all clubbers to ensure safety. In small group settings, they lead clubbers through weekly bible study and prayer with a focus on the weekly memory verse. Leaders are responsible to ensure their own understanding of the weekly lesson by planning ahead so that they can effectively engage the kids in meaningful dialogue.